Friday, June 1, 2007

Woods


Harlan Coben has written another engrossing story with THE WOODS (Dutton, c2007, ISBN 978-0-525-95012-7).
20 years ago, four teenagers went into the woods. Two were found murdered. Two were never seen again. One of those teenagers was Paul Copeland's sister. Now, two decades later, Paul works as the County Prosecutor for Essex, New Jersey and one of the missing from the past is found murdered, with newspaper clippings leading the police to him. Is it possible that his sister could still be alive?


Although this is written in first person, I was completely absorbed in this great story with secrets running rampant and a surprise ending. I have enjoyed all of Coben's stand-alones; I have never read his Bolitar series but I've heard others rave about it.


This book begins:

I see my father with that shovel.


Have a safe and happy weekend!

No comments: