Thursday, April 19, 2007

Bang Your Head


Well, in between reading books, I also try to keep current with my many magazines as well, and this is a new magazine to which I've recently subsribed and just luuuuvvve!

For a trivia junkie, this is THE magazine to get. There is enough diverse information in each issue to keep me reading for days.
My husband was watching TV tonight and there was a commercial for the upcoming
SNL
and apparently Scarlett Johansson is hosting with musical guest, Bjork. He rolled over and looked at me and said, "What's a Beeyork?"

Of course, I deadpanned at him and said, "She's a singer, honey," and his response was, "How do you know that?"

Well, it's because I read my books. And magazines. And newspapers. And cereal boxes.
Honestly, I read whatever is within reach of my grubby li'l' hands and I've been that way my entire life. That's probably why it takes me so long to read books and post the first sentences on here. Because I'm reading EVERYTHING ELSE!

On a different note, I was very excited to see that they are coming to our local My Waterloo Days Festival. As a child of the '80's, I find this totally rad!

And on yet another note, how cool is this?

This is my husband Jeff and I in August, the day of our wedding. I think I'm going to print some of these out and give them to him for our anniversary. Isn't the first year's anniversary, paper?

And, if you think it's too cool for school, you can make your own personalized currency.

And this is here, just because I think this website should be in everyone's favorites somewhere. This is another way I stay current with today's youth. If I hear 'em say it, I look it up. In my line of business, it's great to throw the kids that come in for a loop using THEIR slanguage.

No comments: