Thursday, August 5, 2010

April #1 - WORST CASE

I'm back. I make no promises. The two deaths in my family this year really took a toll on me and my priorities kind of shifted. This blog is still very important to me as I've been keeping it for five years now. However, once I got behind, it just didn't seem that important to catch up, you know. But, something clicked and I said that I had to so here I am. I will do my best to stay on top of it, but like I said, no promises. Thanks for hanging in.


Title: Worst Case

Author: James Patterson

Publisher: Little, Brown and Co.

Copyright: 2010

ISBN: 978-0-316-03622-1

Series or stand-alone: #3 in Mike Bennett Series

Setting: New York City, NY

1st Sentence:

The stocky man with the salt-and-pepper hair felt light-headed as he crossed beneath the marble arch into Washington Square Park.


Comments:

This book, I thought, was typical Patterson. Quick moving, 1-2 page chapters, not a lot of depth but enough action to keep me flipping the pages. I did however, have a patron who came in saying she was downright disgusted by this book and upset that Patterson would "stoop to this level". She was talking about the killing of kids, something that I don't have a problem with but apparently she was outraged. When Patterson's latest book came out I asked if she'd read it and she said, "Nope, and don't think I'm gonna." Did Patterson go to far? I don't know. I'll continue to read his books just because I need a little brain candy now and again.

To whom would I recommend this: Patterson fans, most of them anyways.
On a side note, it seems that I read so many books set in NY that I have a hard time finding a new link for the travel section up above, but I try.

My rating: 3/5

No comments: