Saturday, April 8, 2006

Pair of docks


For whatever reason, I've been on a medical thriller kick and I don't know why. I hope it isn't some internal warning bell that is ringing subconsciously because after the books I've been reading and/or buying of late, I'm not sure that a hospital is where I want to be!


In PARADOX by Echo Heron (Ivy Books, c1998, ISBN 0-8041-1459-5), a patient with amnesia has Adele Monsarrat, RN feeling a little on edge. This is the third book in this series. The other books are PULSE, PANIC and FATAL DIAGNOSIS.


It starts out:

The three-year-old sucked her thumb and stared out the car window.


Set in San Francisco, these medical thrillers are among my favorites. Adele is a fun character, atypical from the stereotypical nurse and I love her dog, Nelson, a veggie-eatin', Mickey Mouse rug-adoring, gas-passin' lovable creature!

No comments: