Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Moon Called


Aside from Janet Evanovich, I am finding out (somewhat to my chagrin) that my favorite genre has become fantasy, or I guess anything that includes vampires or werewolves.

Patricia Briggs' book, MOON CALLED (Ace Books, c2006, ISBN 0-441-01381-3) has the latter.


It begins:

I didn't realize he was a werewolf at first.


Set in the Tri-Cities, Washington, Mercedes aka Mercy Thompson works as an auto mechanic and she takes a new wolf on to work at her shop and soon, wolves and people alike are trying to kill her and Adam, her neighbor and the Alpha pack leader.


This book has a lot of werewolf politicking happening in it, but it is a great, quick and easy fantasy read.


First in a series, the second BLOOD BOUND, quickly made it to my TBR pile.

No comments: