Saturday, April 19, 2008

Naughty Neighbor


Third up in March was NAUGHTY NEIGHBOR by Janet Evanovich (Harper, c1992, 2008, ISBN 978-0-06-059892-1), and I believe it is the last of the reprints if I counted right. Sigh.



Louisa lives next door to Pete with all of his annoying habits in Washington D.C., but of course, once they meet they can't help but fall in love (it is a romance, after all). Political scandals and pigs run amok in this book and although I read it faster than some of her other reprints, I kept getting caught up with one of the main character's name. His name was Pete. Pete Streeter. And all I could here was Peter Streeter. Then I would start thinking Peter Streeter Pumpkin-Eater. Ack!


The book begins:

Pete Streeter came awake on the third ring - just in time to hear the answering machine pick up the call.

No comments: