Thursday, February 9, 2006

Can you hear me now?

My most recent read was CELL by Stephen King (Scribner, c2006, ISBN 0-7432-9233-2), a thriller that I found to be quite similar to his book THE STAND, only set in modern times, with modern references (Hurricane Katrina and FEMA)and modern technology.


The first sentence:

The event that came to be known as The Pulse began at 3:03 p.m., eastern standard time, on the afternoon on October 1.


It's the first book of King's that I've read in a quite a while that I truly enjoyed. I read my first Stephen King novel when I was nine-years-old and read him up until the Gunslinger series, sporadically after that.

Then I turned to others for pleasure reading but I always swore I'd be true to "the King"; I'm glad I checked this one out.

I may never look at my cell phone the same way again. Especially when it rings.


Rrrrrrrrring....

No comments: