Thursday, February 2, 2006

Quite Contrary


Last night I finished reading James Patterson's MARY MARY (Little Brown, c2005, ISBN 0-316-15976-X), his latest Alex Cross novel set in Los Angeles, Hollywood, and Washington D.C.


Starting off with:

Act One, Scene One, the Storyteller thought to himself, and couldn't hold back a dizzying rush of anticipation.


Alex is called in by the FBI to work this case while on vacation with his family at Disneyland. Key players in Hollywood are dying at the hands of "Mary Smith" and Alex is up to the task of solving the problem. There are several key side stories that go on in this book so if you are a long time reader of this series, this book is not to be missed.


His next book is 5th HORSEMAN, to which I am looking forward. Since he started writing the Women's Murder Club books, they have become my preferred series so I anticipate the release of this 5th book. I've read most of Patterson's books, in all honesty, because of the short chapters. They give my mind a break; but I've always found them thoroughly enjoyable.

No comments: