Saturday, February 25, 2006

Witchy woman


Hi all!

I'm just returned from my vacation in Las Vegas which is part of the reason it took me so long to post what I've been reading. I also got engaged while out there to my long time partner-in-law Jeff so I will be planning a wedding. Please accept my apologies now for any ignoring I do to this blog. Life is all about priorities, right?


While on the plane I finished reading WITCH WAY TO MURDER by Shirley Damsgaard(Avon Books, c2005, ISBN 0-06-079348-1) a light reading book about Ophelia Jensen, a thirty-something librarian in small town Summerset, Iowa who has crime come to visit and she must deal with it and her budding attraction to Rick, the mysterious "salesman" who shows up asking a lot of questions, and her repressed psychic abilities.

Starting the book off was:
Rising panic clenched my stomach.

This book was a little lighter than I typically prefer, however the setting and main character had me intrigued because that's exactly what I am...a thirty-something librarian from small town Iowa. I will definitely look for the second book.

No comments: