Friday, November 23, 2007

You've been warned


YOU'VE BEEN WARNED by James Patterson (Little, Brown & Co., c2007, ISBN 978-0-316-01450-2) was up next and mmmm...not my favorite.
In it, Kristin Burns is a shutterbug and works as a nanny in Manhattan to the Turnbull family, caring for Dakota and Sean, hating Penly, the Mrs. and loving (in all ways) Michael, the Mr.
When she sees a gruesome murder's end result at the Falcon Hotel, it's like deja vu - she's seen the scene before. Next, she begins getting ominous and threatening messages, people appear to warn her, and she thinks she's going crazy. But is it possible someone is out to kill her? But who? And why?
The book starts:

It's way too early in the morning for dead people.


This book had some kind of supernatural element to it -- ghosts and stuff -- but it just didn't work for me. I picked it up because I am both a shutterbug and I was a nanny outside of Boston for several years and both subtopics appealed to me. It's a good thing, however, that Patterson's books read sooooo quickly because I would have put this one down had I not read the first 50 pages in 10 minutes.

No comments: