Sunday, December 28, 2008

November #5 - TWILIGHT


Title: Twilight

Author: Stephenie Meyer

Publisher: Little, Brown and Company

Copyright: 2005

ISBN: 0-316-16017-2

Series or stand-alone: #1

Setting: Forks, WA and a brief visit to Phoenix, AZ

1st Sentence:
Preface
I'd never given much thought to how I would die - though I'd had reason enough in the last few months - but even if I had, I would not have imagined it like this.

Quick Comments:
It's hard to think of something to write about this book that hasn't already been written and since it seems like almost everybody I know has read this book/series it almost seems like it would be redundant. Bella moves to Forks to live with her dad where she meets and quickly falls for Edward Cullen, who just happens to be a vampire. This was a good story and has been all the rave with the teenagers although it's also gotten quite a "mom" following as well. My copy is an Advanced Reader's Copy so I don't know if much changed with the final published book but I did see the movie and it seemed right on track with the book I read. I had one complaint about the book and that was that the status of Edward's vampirism wasn't acknowledged until page 320! I read a lot of vampire books and you always know quite early that the guy (or girl) is a vampire and reading more than 300 pages before finding out was annoying, because although I knew before starting the book, I wanted someone, anyone to just SAY IT! I did however, go on to read books #2 & #3 and I have #4 on reserve at my library.

No comments: