Sunday, December 28, 2008

November #9 - NEW MOON


Title: New Moon

Author: Stephenie Meyer

Publisher: Little, Brown & Company

Copyright: 2006

ISBN: 978-0-316-02496-9

Series or stand-alone: #2

Genre: YA Paranormal Romance

Setting: Forks, WA

1st Sentence:
Preface
I felt like I was trapped in one of those terrifying nightmares, the one where you have to run, run till your lungs burst, but you can't make your body move fast enough.

Surlygirl's Quick Comments:
Once again, I'm not sure of many people who haven't read or heard about these books. In NEW MOON, Bella's relationship with Jacob Black develops deeper until he alienates her. In addition, Victoria is still hunting Bella from the first book. When a miscommunication happens and Edward thinks Bella has killed herself, he goes to Italy to die. Bella joins up with Alice to save him but promises are made that may be hard to keep. I actually liked this book better than the first one but I think only because I was familiar with the characters and I liked the further development of the relationships. Have you read these books? Are you a fan of Edward or Jacob? There seems to be a very apparent split between readers.

No comments: