Monday, January 16, 2006

Dead to the world


This book, DEAD TO THE WORLD (c2004, ACE, ISBN 0-441-01218-3), by Charlaine Harris, is the fourth book in the Sookie Stackhouse Southern Vampire series.

The first sentence:

I found the note taped to my door when I got home from work.

I adore these books which is quite ironic because they are more "cozy" than "gritty", and I typically prefer the grime and the grit.


In this book, we are revisited by some oldies but definitely goodies (and I do mean goodies! Woo Hoo!) and introduced to some new supernatural beings as well.


To be honest, her books sat on Mount TBR for the longest time because I had read all of the Anita Blake books by Laurell K. Hamilton and I wasn't sure that I would enjoy them as much. I was wrong! (Sorry, Charlaine!)

If you are looking for a fun and refreshing series about people that aren't quite like everyone else around you, check these out!

At least try the first one. They are out of this world!

No comments: