Thursday, January 5, 2006

A dog's life


My latest read was MARLEY & ME: LIFE AND LOVE WITH THE WORLD'S WORST DOG by John Grogan (William Morrow, c2005, ISBN 0-06-081708-9).


"In the summer of 1967, when I was ten years old, my father caved in to my persistent pleas and took me to get my own dog."

The story of the author and his beloved pet, an adorable (in more ways than one) yellow Labrador Retriever along with his wife and children, had me cheering, laughing, snorting and crying, not necessarily all at the same time although the chapter about the gold necklace had me doing just that.

My pup, on the opposite spectrum in size of Marley, has similar antics and devious behaviors that I could so relate to this book. I think any dog owner can relate to something or other on the insides of these covers.

I loved it and urge you all to read it and then do the 'Marley Mambo' in honor of this fun and sunny canine!

No comments: