Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Hide


HIDE by Lisa Gardner (Bantam Books, c2007, ISBN 978-0-553-80432-4) was a great read. Set in Boston, Massachusetts, this is the second book featuring Detective Bobby Dodge with the Massachusetts State Police and Sergeant (after a promotion) DD Warren with the BPD, a follow-up to ALONE.


The first sentence (which I really like):

My father explained it to me the first time when I was seven years old: The world is a system.


In this book, Annabelle Granger has been on the run her entire life, never really knowing why. Now, living in Boston under one of her numerous identities, a mass grave has been unearthed on the grounds of a closed mental hospital and six dead bodies of children are found, one with a necklace with Annabelle's name on it. The hunt for a serial killer is on with DD Warren in charge, Bobby in the lead and Annabelle, the key.


I enjoy Gardner's book, have read every book she's written during her career and will continue to read and recommend her, especially to my patrons who enjoy Mary Higgins Clark and Erica Spindler.

No comments: