Monday, July 11, 2011

August #2 - PRIVATE

Title: Private

Author: James Patterson and Maxine Paetro

Publisher: Little, Brown & Co.

Copyright: 2010

ISBN: 978-0-316-09615-7

Type of book: Suspense

Setting: Los Angeles, CA

1st Sentence:
Prologue
"You're dead, Jack."


Comments: Jack Morgan owns and runs Private, an investigation company with branches in New York, LA, London and Paris. In this book, Jack is trying to find the killer of his best friend's wife, nail down an NFL gambling scandal and stay a step ahead of the mob. Apparently, there will be one book for each city Jack has an office in. I don't know if I'll read them all.

Why I chose this book: Because Patterson's books are quick to read and usually entertaining.

Why I read it to the end: It was short. I didn't really care much about the characters or the story but I could finish it quickly, so I did.

My rating: 2.5/5

No comments: