Monday, July 11, 2011

August #3 - A BAD DAY FOR PRETTY

Title: A bad day for pretty

Author: Sophie Littlefield

Publisher: Minotaur Books

Copyright: 2010

ISBN: 978-0-312-55975-5

Type of book: Mystery

Setting: Prosper, MO

1st Sentence:
Prologue
June 1966
Mama was already down in the cellar with Gracellen and Patches.


Comments: Stella Hardesty Rocks! That's all I got to say about that.

Why I chose this book: Because I loved the first book in the series. Stella Hardesty is such a refreshing and different from the mainstream character. Flawed even.

Why I read it to the end: I wanted to see what kind of trouble Stella got into. Littlefield is now writing YA books as well. I haven't checked any of them out yet, but plan to in the near future.

My favorite passage from the book (p. 93) that made me snort and chortle: She didn't have any particular ill feelings for Simmons, but it was clear that the woman wasn't all that smart if she'd missed out on the number one rule of getting on in the workplace: make friends from the bottom up.

My rating: 3.5/5

No comments: