Monday, July 11, 2011

July #3 - STILL MISSING

Title: Still missing

Author: Chevy Stevens

Publisher: St. Martin's Press

Copyright: 2010

ISBN: 978-0-312-59567-8

Type of book: Suspense

Setting: Clayton Falls, Vancouver Island

1st Sentence:
Session One
You know, Doc, you're not the first shrink I've seen since I got back.


Comments: The book intertwines the story of the year Annie was held captive and brutalized in a remote mountain cabin and then the ordeal she faced following her escape. Like the flap jacket says: The truth doesn't always set you free. A debut novel from a new, fresh voice. This was one of my favorite books of 2010 and I anticipate getting my hands on NEVER KNOWING which has just been released.

Why I chose this book: I had read some good reviews of it.

Why I read it to the end: Because it sucked me in from the beginning and didn't let go until the end.

My rating: 5/5

No comments: