Sunday, July 10, 2011

June #6 - BEFORE I FALL


Title: Before I fall

Author: Lauren Oliver

Publisher: Harper

Copyright: 2010

ISBN: 978-0-06-172680-4

Type of book: YA

Setting: Ridgeview, CT

1st Sentence:
Prologue
They say that just before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes, but that's not how it happened for me.


Summary from book: After she dies in a car crash, teenage Samantha relives the day of her death over and over again until she finally discovers why she has been given this chance.

Comments: I thought this was kind of a cross between Groundhog Day and Butterfly Effect but for teens. I really loved this book and look forward to more from this author.

Why I chose this book: This is the kind of book for me where I can judge a book by its cover. The girl's face jumped right out at me and screamed, "READ ME NOW!" So, I did. This author was new to me.

Why I read it to the end: Because even though Sam was who she was I hoped that she would discover herself through the journey.

To whom would I recommend this: Teen readers who enjoy books about teen angst and figuring out who they are.

My rating: 4.75/5

No comments: