Monday, July 11, 2011

August #4 - THE EARTH, MY BUTT AND OTHER BIG ROUND THINGS

Title: The Earth, my butt and other big round things

Author: Carolyn Mackler

Publisher: Candlewick Press

Copyright: 2003

ISBN: 978-0-7636-1958-2

Type of book: YA

Setting: New York City & Walla Walla, WA

1st Sentence:
Froggy Welsh the Fourth is trying to get up my shirt.


Comments: Virginia is fifteen and fat with an inferiority complex. Of course it doesn't help that her very best friend is living 3000 miles away, her family is nuts and she just wants to French kiss. A cute story and relateable to anyone who is different or struggling with teen angst issues.

Why I chose this book: The title made me laugh.

Why I read it to the end: To see how the book resolved and find out if Virginia gets everything she wants.

My rating: 4/5

No comments: