Monday, July 11, 2011

July #2 - PRAY FOR SILENCE

Title: Praying for silence

Author: Linda Castillo

Publisher: Minotaur Books

Copyright: 2010

ISBN: 978-0-312-37498-3

Type of book: Amish crime thriller

Setting: Painters Mill, OH

1st Sentence:
Officer Chuck "Skid" Skidmore wished he hadn't indulged in that last cup of coffee.


Comments: Book #2 in the series. The crime scene is horrific - an entire family slaughtered, the two oldest girls raped and tortured. The book is full of on the edge of seat tension.

Why I chose this book: Despite the Amish thing which typically isn't my bag, I read the first one and really enjoyed it. This one didn't disappoint, either.

Why I read it to the end: Because it was really pretty engrossing, even if the ending was predictable.

My rating: 4.5/5

No comments: