Saturday, September 1, 2012

April #2 - EXPOSED

Title: EXPOSED

Author: Kimberly Marcus

Publisher: Random House

Copyright: 2011

ISBN: 978-0-375-86693-7

Audience: Young Adult

Setting: Shoreview, MA (Near Martha's Vineyard ferry)

1st Sentence:
I am the first one here.

Why I chose this book: The book is written in verse and that is something that is relatively new to me. The main character is Liz aka Photogirl. As an aspiring/hobbyist photographer, for a long time I was called Paparazzi because I was always shooting pictures of people at parties. The title and cover eluded to photography but the content was a lot darker than photography.

Why I read it to the end: It was a fast read because of the verse and the storyline had me captured.

One section really grabbed me:

My mother has pinned
all her hopes on me.
And I can't pull out
the pins.


Rating: 4.5/5

No comments: