Saturday, September 1, 2012

January 2011 #1 - MARRIED WITH ZOMBIES


Title: MARRIED WITH ZOMBIES

Author: Jesse Petersen

Publisher: Orbit

Copyright: 2010

ISBN: 978-0-316-10286-5

Audience: Adult

Setting: Seattle, WA

1st Sentence:
David and I became warriors in the zombie plague on the first day, but I don't think that means we were front line soldiers or something.

Why I chose this book: I SQUEED when I saw this book! To me, it was Mr. and Mrs. Smith meets Zombieland at the beginning of a zombie apocalypse at the end of the world. Sarah and David are waiting to see their marriage counselor when they realize they are smack dab in the middle of zombieville and things are gonna get ugly! Hilarious!

Why I read it to the end: This was my first favorite book of 2011 (pay no attention to the fact that it was the first book I read in 2011!). The how to survive a zombie apocalypse tips at the beginning of every chapter alone would have kept me turning pages but the humor was just what I needed. Did I read the rest of the trilogy? What do you think? Stay tuned...

My rating: 5/5

No comments: