Saturday, September 1, 2012

March #2 - TRAPPED


Title: TRAPPED

Author: Michael Northrup

Publisher: Scholastic Press

Copyright: 2011

ISBN: 978-0-545-21012-6

Audience: Young Adult

Setting: Rural New England, Tattawa Regional High School

1st Sentence:
We were the last seven kids waiting around to get picked up from Tattawa Regional High School.

Why I chose this book: I usually read at least ONE inclement weather book during the winter time and a blizzard book in March just sounded right at the time.

Why I read it to the end: I liked that the author actualized the dire situation with what typical teenagers without adults around would do and how the environment of the school still resonates with the cliques left in the hallways. In the book, nature is the enemy. The ending left me a little cold though, because it was open ended. I don't know if there is plans for a TRAPPED 2. We'll see...

Rating: 3.75/5

No comments: