Saturday, September 1, 2012

April #4 - YOU KNOW WHEN THE MEN ARE GONE

Title: YOU KNOW WHEN THE MEN ARE GONE

Author: Siobhan Fallon

Publisher: Amy Einhorn/GP Putnam's Sons

Copyright: 2011

ISBN: 978-1-101-48641-6

Audience: Adult

Setting: Fort Hood, TX

1st Sentence:
In Fort Hood housing, like all army housing, you get used to hearing through the walls.

Why I chose this book: I was having a distracting week at work and this book was short stories so I thought it would be a good read.

Why I read it to the end: It was only eight short stories about the effect of the war in Afghanistan and Iraq as it pertains to those from Fort Hood where the author lived. It showed how the wives hold it together -- or not. How the soldiers are affected. It was a very sobering read. There could have been more stories and I would have been satisfied.

Rating: 4/5

No comments: