Saturday, September 1, 2012

February #4 - ME AND EMMA


Title: ME AND EMMA

Author: Elizabeth Flock

Publisher: Mira

Copyright: 2005

ISBN: 978-0-7783-2082-1

Audience: Adult

Setting: Toast, NC

1st Sentence:
The first time Richard hit me I saw stars in front of my eyes just like they do in cartoons.

Why I chose this book: This was the third book chosen for our book discussion group. I actually chose this book because it had been on my TBR list for a long time and I wanted something different from the other books we'd read. I found by reading this book that I truly enjoy southern fiction.

Why I read it to the end: The depressed childhood that the main characters had made for some lively discussion and it was fun hunting down some candy from the 1950's to share with the group as we always share food at our discussions. Flock's stand-alone follow up to this book, WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SISTER was just published in August and has made my TBR list as well.

My rating: 4/5

No comments: