Saturday, September 1, 2012

January #2 - CASTAWAYS


Title: CASTAWAYS

Author: Brian Keene

Publisher: Leisure Books

Copyright: 2009

ISBN: 978-0-8439-6089-1

Audience: Adult

Setting: An island, uninhabited in the South Pacific

1st Sentence:
Becka knew she was going to drown.

Why I chose this book: I chose it because although it is in the horror genre, the book took place on a reality show similar to Survivor, which at the time I was watching weekly.

Why I read it to the end: I read it for the gore factor. This book is very gory and violent. When a hurricane/tropical storm hits the island, the crew goes to the boat leaving a skeleton crew behind and nobody to help when the things come out of the jungle. I would recommend this author to readers of Bentley Little because they probably wouldn't be offended by the style of writing.

My rating: 2.75/5

No comments: