Sunday, September 2, 2012

May #2 - TOYS


Title: TOYS

Author: James Patterson and Neil McMahon

Publisher: Little, Brown & Co.

Copyright: 2011

ISBN: 978-0-316-09736-9

Audience: Adult

Setting: New Lake City, Year 2061

1st Sentence:
Prologue
7-4 day
I will not forget this moment for as long as I live, which, in truth, might not be that long anyway.

Why I chose this book: I was hesitant about reading this book because it's not of any of Patterson's series, it's definitely not typical Patterson, but the chapters were his one page wonders so I figured I wouldn't have to invest in a lot before I knew whether or not I would like it even a little bit.

Why I read it to the end: I actually enjoyed this book. The book is set in the future and the world is made up of humans, who are the scourge of the earth, and the Elites, perfect, strong, rich and genetically modified. Hays is an Elite. Or so he thinks. This book had a quality that reminds me of life as we know it. People who are richer, stronger and think they are better than us and the rest of us humans. I actually hope there is more to this story.

Rating: 4/5

No comments: