Saturday, September 1, 2012

October 2010 - I'm back, again. And #1 - FEED


It's been a year. I won't make excuses, but I hope to be back for good. We'll see. Passions wane and mine did. Other things, like my health, took priority. But now, I am better, I seem to have things completely under control so I hope to be able to focus on this again. I make no promises, because not all promises can be kept, but I will do my best.

Unfortunately, Blogger's look changed while I was gone so it looks like there might be a learning curve but I'll figure out.

Title: FEED

Author: Mira Grant

Publisher: Orbit

Copyright: 2010

ISBN: 978-0-316-08105-4

Type of book: Zombie fiction

Setting:California, Texas, the campaign trail of 2010

1st Sentence:
Our story opens where countless stories have ended in the last twenty-six years: with an idiot - in this case, my brother Shaun - deciding it would be a good idea to go out and poke a zombie with a stick to see what happens.

Comments: Book 1 in a trilogy of "the rising" and the story of Georgia, Shaun and Buffy, bloggers during "the rising" who are asked to be a part of Senator Ryman's campaign push for presidency.

Why I chose this book: Zombies - enough said. And bloggers.

Why I read it to the end: Although I found the book to be slow at times, and the Senator was a Republican, I enjoyed this book. I mean, zombies.  C'mon, who wouldn't? :)

My rating: 4/5

No comments: