Saturday, September 1, 2012

December 2010 #1 - THE CHRISTMAS TRAIN


Title: THE CHRISTMAS TRAIN

Author: David Baldacci

Publisher: Warner Books

Copyright: 2002

ISBN: 0-7595-7049-3

Audience: Adult

Setting: On a train from D.C. to California

1st Sentence:
Tom Langdon was a journalist, a globe trotting one, because it was in his blood to roam widely.

Why I chose this book: This was a book chosen for our newly formed book discussion group at my library.

Why I read it to the end: Mainly, I read it through because it was for our book discussion group. I've read several of Baldacci's legal thrillers and this is not one of them. However, there were several Twain references that I found interesting and the train and characters did pass through Iowa on their way to California. I love to see Iowa in books, because although it is considered a "fly-over" state, it has always been my home-state and I don't see it that way. And, I've always wanted to do a cross-country trip on a train. This book did not deter me from that desire.

My rating: 3.75/5

No comments: