Saturday, September 1, 2012

November #4 - HOW TO SURVIVE A HORROR MOVIE


Title: HOW TO SURVIVE A HORROR MOVIE

Author: Seth Grahame-Smith

Publisher: Quirk Books

Copyright: 2007

ISBN: 978-1-59474-179-1

Audience: Young Adult and Adult

1st Sentence:
Introduction
"Don't let us make imaginary evils, when you know we have so many real ones to encounter." - Oliver Goldsmith (1730-1774)
Brace yourself for some bad news - if you're reading this, there's a good chance you've become trapped in a horror movie.

Why I chose this book: Horror movies are my favorite genre of film and I was looking for a laugh. I knew a tongue-in-cheek satirical account on how to survive if you've been trapped in a horror movie would do just that.

Why I read it to the end: It was pure campy fun! I learned: how to escape zombies, defeat vampires, survive horror movie high school, survive a haunted house, survive a night of babysitting, kill the living dead, what to do if there are snakes on the plane, what to do if you have to stay awake for a week and what to do if you only have seven days to live. Also, I am a sucker for those quizzes on Facebook and I will rock this one if I ever come across it!

My rating: 3.5/5

No comments: