Sunday, September 2, 2012

May 2011 #1 - BUNNICULA


Title: BUNNICULA

Author: James Howe

Publisher: Scholatic Inc.

Copyright: 1979

ISBN: 0-590-31318-5

Audience: Juvenile

Setting: The Monroe's household

1st Sentence:
I shall never forget the first time I laid these now tired eyes on our visitor.

Why I chose this book: One of my youth patrons came in and said their friend was reading a book about some vampire rabbit and did I know anything about it and did we have it. Of course we did! So I sent her out with the book and when she returned it, I checked it out because I realized I had never read it or if I had, it had been a very long time since.

Why I read it to the end: I was about 8 pages into it and realized I had read it when I was a kid, but wanted to refresh my memory. "Today vegetables! Tomorrow...the world!" I think it's a great story for kids.

Rating: 4/5

No comments: