Saturday, September 1, 2012

October #3 - ROOM


Title: ROOM

Author: Emma Donoghue

Publisher: Little, Brown & Co.

Copyright: 2010

ISBN: 978-0-316-09833-5

Type of book: Fiction

Setting: Room, the Outside



1st Sentence:
Today I'm five.

Why I chose this book: It was getting a lot of notice and I wanted to see what the buzz was about. The book didn't disappoint.

Why I read it to the end: Because I couldn't quit turning the pages. This book was absolutely horrifying in content and heartbreaking, but I had to see how it was resolved. This is one of those books that make you think, "Dear Lord, don't ever let anything like this happen to me." I would not, however, recommend this book to any of my patrons who can't stand when things happen to kids. And I have a lot of them. Sigh.

My rating: 5/5 - One of my favorite books of 2010.

No comments: